I'm Heather Ryerson, a London-based freelance book designer & illustrator.
I’ve designed illustrated books with some of the most vibrant and innovative London publishers, including:
- the boundary-pushing academics at Goldsmiths Press,
- some curious minds at Souvenir Press / Profile Books,
- the picture book team at Little Tiger,
- the name-personalisation inventors at Wonderbly,
- independent literary publisher Head of Zeus,
- children’s big-brand publisher Egmont and
- independent illustrated publisher Nobrow / Flying Eye Books.
As a book designer, I’m happy to help out at any stage, from initial art direction to cover design to highly visual internal page layouts — and I’m especially interested in illustrated books for children and adults. Of course, I do a bit of drawing myself!
Growing my own veg, scouring car boot sales, exercising my citizenship, and dancing to jangly ’60s rock music occupy life’s other quiet moments.